Although in the spectacular style and proportions of the 1960’s lightweight racers, 1E15625 is a slightly uprated mechanical spec, fully trimmed and insulated, practical and usable road car, which looks and drives very well. With standard E Type Jaguar suspension, period correct tall profile tyres and a mildly tuned engine the drive is sporty but smooth and relaxing. Uprated brakes and cooling system take care of the well known period shortcomings. The car has had a nut and bolt restoration and renovation by a respected Toulouse Atelier which is documented by a photographic record in hard copy and digital format. There is less than 15000 Km on the clock after a first restoration in 1997-98 (new zero Km speedo fitted at that time), and a second renovation in 2009-10. The car is still presents in good restored condition today having covered very few Km after the second renovation. Final detail prepartion has recently taken place in my own temperature controlled and dehumidified workshop. Eminently suitable for blowing the cobwebs away classic style, and with a properly sized spare whel and change kit (not always present in some much more expensive E Type Specials) classic Grand Touring or historic regularity rallying.
- 1967 LHD Chassis Number 1E15625.
- Special lightweight style open top roadster bodywork. All steel with professionally made composite rear wheel arch extensions, and integrated front spot lights. Hard top, soft top or no top.
- Engine number 7E 13494-9. Standard straight six, 4.2L twin OHC Jaguar engine, triple HD8 2 inch SU carbs. Touring short inlet trumpets with K&N air filters or optional long 60’s race style inlet trumpets, with appropriate carb needles for each, Std contact breaker points and condenser ignition (ensuring historic competition eligibility). Approx 265 bhp, 284 lbs ft (385 Nm) torque.
- Facet solid state electric fuel pump and Filter King fuel regulator and filter.
- Stainless steel tubular fabricated exhaust primaries.
- Stainless steel exhaust system.
- Thermostatically controlled auxiliary radiator cooling fan.
- Std Jaguar E Type 4.2 S1 4 speed all syncromesh gearbox.
- Uprated Coopercraft front brakes. Original (new) front callipers fitted to rear. New servo. (and the important and frequently missing insulation panels without which the servo overheats).
- Period Jaguar hydraulic power steering with Rob Beere Racing adjustable steering load valve.
- Bolt-on modular Minilite alloy wheels. 8 x 16 inch front, 9 x 16 inch rear, with optional & removable alloy wheel spinners.
- New Toyo Proxes performance tyres. Correct looking high profile 215.60 R16 98W front, 245.55 R16W rear. Spare 205.65 R16 95W. All approx 334mm radius. Speed rating 270 Kph.
- New convertible removable soft top.
- Lightweight glassfibre removable hardtop.
- Large quick release aluminium 'Monza' filler cap.
- Freshly trimmed interior with special low seats so that (normal height) occupants are below top of the screen rail
- 14 inch special woodrim Moto-Lita steering wheel with original E Type boss/horn-push centre.
- Securon harness seatbelts. ECE approved for road use.
- Period Jaguar hazard warning lights.
- Rundenmeister mechanical clock and stopwatch.
- 260 kph (European) speedo.
- Integrated hidden/discreet Bluetooth music streaming (from mobile phone)
- Lifeline fire extinguisher.
- UK road tax and MOT exempt (Historic Vehicle)
- Jaguar Heritage certificate.
Can deliver to Europe